FOIA Procedures for Town and Country Public Library District
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
- The Library District’s annual budget is approximate $3,500,000.
- The Library employs 25 staff members.
- Procedure for requesting information under FOIA
- The request must be written: forms are available at the Circulation Desk and from the designated FOIA officers.
- Written requests include those received by letter, fax, and email.
- Please be as specific as possible about the type of information requested.
- The request should be directed to one of the FOIA officers listed below.
- Requests sent through the mail should be sent to one of the FOIA officers at this address: 320 E. North Street, Elburn, IL 60119.
- FOIA Officers for the Town and Country Public Library:
- Glenn Kahmann, Library Director
- Kathleen Semrick, Circulation Supervisor
- Jeannine McDonald, Youth Services Manager
- The first 50 pages are provided free of charge, as long as they are a letter or legal size and are black & white.
- Any copies over 50 pages are $ .15 per page.
- The Library District does not charge for the search or review of records, or for personnel costs involved.
- Denial of Requests
- The requester will be notified in writing if the Library District intends to deny a request submitted under FOIA.
- If denied, the requester has the right to a review of the request by the Public Access Counselor.
The Library District will respond to written requests within the 5 business days specified in the statute, or within the exceptions as allowed by the statute. Additional FOIA information can be found at www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov.