FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT – Procedures for Town and Country Public Library District
Email requests should be submitted to email@example.com.
The FOIA is a state statute that provides the public the right to access government documents and records. The law provides that a person can ask a public body for a copy of its records on a specific subject and the public body must provide those records unless there is an exemption in the statute that protects those records from disclosure. The following items are intended to provide general information to facilitate the process of requesting information under FOIA.
- The Library District’s annual budget is approximate $3,500,000.
- The Library employs 25 staff members.
- Procedure for requesting information under FOIA
- The request must be written in a physical or digital form: forms are available at the Circulation Desk and from the designated FOIA officers.
- Physically written requests include those received by letter or fax.
- Please be as specific as possible about the type of information requested.
- The request should be directed to one of the FOIA officers listed below.
- Requests sent through the mail should be sent to one of the FOIA officers at this address: 320 E. North Street, Elburn, IL 60119.
- FOIA Officers for the Town and Country Public Library:
- Glenn Kahmann, Library Director
- Kathleen Semrick, Circulation Supervisor
- Amy Girmscheid, Adult Services Librarian
- Emily Hoffman, Youth Services Librarian
- The first 50 pages are provided free of charge, as long as they are a letter or legal size and are black & white.
- Any copies over 50 pages are $ .15 per page.
- The Library District does not charge for the search or review of records, or for personnel costs involved.
- Denial of Requests
- The requester will be notified in writing if the Library District intends to deny a request submitted under FOIA.
- If denied, the requester has the right to a review of the request by the Public Access Counselor.
The Library District will respond to written non-commercial requests within the 5 business days from the day after the request is received, or within the exceptions as allowed by the statute. Additional FOIA information can be found at www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov.