Under the supervision of the Circulation Manager or other designated staff, performs basic tasks related to the operation of the Library.
- Shelves materials
- Straightens shelves
- Dusts shelves
- Does shelf-reading and keeps materials in correct order
- Retrieves materials from the shelves for patrons and in order to fill hold requests
Additional or Specialized Duties and Responsibilities
- Works at Circulation Desk as needed
- Answers telephone
- Helps process holds and reserves
- Assists patrons with use of computers and other equipment
- Other duties as assigned. May include: photocopying, filing, typing, assistance with Library publicity and special events
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must be able to communicate well in spoken English
- Ability and willingness to learn basic computer operations
- Must enjoy working with the public
- Ability to perform repetitive hand, wrist, arm, and shoulder movements
- Ability to stoop, bend and stretch
- Must be able to raise objects, such as books, from a lower to a higher position, and horizontally from one position to another
- High School Diploma or equivalent, or working towards completion.
- Previous experience in a library, clerical, or customer service environment preferred.
HOURS AND AVAILABILITY:
Part time position
8-12 hours a week
Hours include day, evening, and some weekend shifts.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Starting pay $9.25 per hour.
Fill out the application and submit along with 2 references.
Applications may be submitted online or in person at the Circulation Desk.
Town and Country Public Library
Please, no walk-ins. No phone calls.
If you’d prefer to print the application it can be downloaded here.
Having trouble opening PDFs? Download Adobe Reader here.