There are many ways to show your support for the Town and Country Public Library including monetary support, sponsorship, and volunteering. Look below for a list of ways to support the Library.
The easiest way to support the Library is to advocate for it:
Talk it up! Let everyone know about the wonderful Town and Country Public Library.
Visit the Library! Stop by to check out materials or attend a program.
Run for the Library Board! By , you help shape the future of the Library as well as the Elburn community.
Donating to the Library
Donations in the form of cash, in-kind, or materials are always welcome and appreciated.
- Monetary donations are accepted for memorial books, naming opportunities, and general fund support from bequests, trust or planned giving can also be arranged.
- Books can be donated to the Library.
- Historical materials pertaining to the history and development of Elburn and the surrounding area are accepted. Examples of accepted material include: documents, maps, photographs, and other printed material.
- In-kind donations are always welcome for our fundraisers.
History Keepers is a volunteer group dedicated to promoting and supporting local history and genealogy initiatives at the Town and Country Public Library. This program also serves as a means for participants to give back by providing a valuable service that assists the Library and preserves Elburn’s rich historical background.
History Keepers will:
- Rehouse photographs
- Conduct oral histories
- Scan photos and documents
- Process collections
- Provide assistance with Library genealogy databases
- Document the community
- Work special history or genealogy events
For more information contact Amy Vidlak Girmscheid at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Town & Country Public Library is a nonprofit 501 (c) 3 organization of volunteers who support the Library. All proceeds benefit the Library. For more information, contact the Library at (630) 365-2244 or visit www.elburnfriends.org
Partnering with the Library
Local organizations are invited to partner with the Library for special initiatives. Whether it’s encouraging your staff to volunteer to tutor young students or helping adults to learn English as a second language, there are many wonderful opportunities for your organization to give back.