There are many ways to show your support for the town and country public library including monetary support, sponsorships and volunteering. You are also invited to support the library by partnering, advocating for the library or even becoming a library board trustee.
The easiest way to support the Library is to advocate for it. Talk it up! Let everyone know about the wonderful Town and Country Public Library. Visit the Library! Check out movies or books, attend a program. Run for the Library Board! By doing so, you help shape the future of the Library as well as the Elburn community.
Donating to the Library
Donations in the form of cash, in-kind or materials are always welcome.
- Monetary donations are accepted for memorial books, naming opportunities and general fund support from bequests, trust or planned giving can also be arranged.
- Books can be donated to the Friends of the Library book sale. All proceeds from the sale benefit the Library.
- Historical Materials pertaining to the history and development of Elburn Illinois and the surrounding area are accepted. Examples of accepted material include: documents, maps, photographs and other printed material.
- In-Kind donations are always welcome for our fundraisers. Please see the Dewey Dash for more information
History Keepers is a volunteer group dedicated to promoting and supporting local history and genealogy initiatives at the Town and Country Public Library. The Program also serves as a means for participants to give back while building camaraderie and strengthening community pride.
History Keepers will:
- Rehouse photographs
- Conduct oral histories
- Scan photos & documents
- Process collections
- Provide assistance with Library genealogy databases
- Document the community through photo and videography
- Work special history or genealogy events
For more information contact Amy Vidlak Girmscheid at email@example.com
Join the Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Town & Country Public Library is a nonprofit 501 (c) 3 organization of volunteers who support the Library. All proceeds benefit the Library. For more information, contact the Library at (630) 365-2244 or visit www.elburnfriends.org
Partnering with the Library
Local organizations are invited to partner with the Library for special initiatives. Whether it’s encouraging your staff to volunteer to tutor young students, or help adults learn English, there are many wonderful opportunities for your organization to give back.
Held the first Sunday each April, the Dewey Dash is the Library’s largest fundraiser. Support for this event is needed in the form of runners, walkers, monetary sponsorship, in-kind donations and volunteers.
Elburn Pottery For Sale
Available in several sizes and 2 different patterns, these hand crafted pottery pieces commemorate the history of Elburn. Handcrafted by a local artisan, these microwavable, dishwasher and oven safe items make a great gift!
Having trouble opening PDFs? Download Adobe Reader here.